4/26/2016

Had a good morning. It was short and sweet. Anna had daycare but I had no school. It's a holiday so the schools are closed. Thank God Helen told me that at my Birthday party on Sunday (that went very well, thank you).
This morning, I dropped Anna off at 8:50 and then picked up Melanie and her son, Julian, at around 9:20. We were running late because Anna did a poo right as we were about to walk out the door.
We drove to Collegno where the subway ends and parked the car; there's a ton of parking there so you don't have to worry. We took the subway in and then took a bus to Piazza Solferino? to a French Market that's there at Christmas, too.
It was just getting started when we arrived at 10. Almost no one was there except for the vendors so we were able to look at all the things without too much bother. We bought some stuff. I bought some smelly stuff for the bathrooms: a vanilla cat for Giovanni's bathroom and a little green Verbena turtle for my bathroom. Let's see if they stink up the joint. Probably not. 10 euro down the drain.
Then, Julian wanted to go to the main Piazza so we walked over there, but we stopped for a cafe on the way and took some pictures. It's really great to walk around Turin and I'm more in my element when I'm in a city. Although Turin is nothing like New York. It's an old city and it was still pretty quiet.
We went to the main Piazza where I bought some postcards. Then, it was time to get back on the streetcar and metro and come home. I was just in time to pick up Anna at daycare.
I think I'm going to record a couple books for Anna. Last night, to put her to sleep, I put my recording of "Green Eggs and Ham" on in her room on repeat. She likes that. It didn't put her to sleep, however. I went in there and got it out and she didn't protest. She loves the "Say! In the Dark? Could you would you in the dark?" I guess I had a particular way of saying it and she repeated it like that one day. So now I go over the top with it and even let her read that page when we get to it. My God she's so great. A pain in the tukhes no doubt but just great. This morning, we read "Goodnight Moon" and she knew some words.
No plans for this afternoon although I probably should clean up this place. Giovanni cleaned up after the party. He was really a great help. He insisted on using real glassware instead of the phoney baloney plastic cups that I bought at the Auchan. He was right; it was more classy. I should buy some at the consignment shop.

This morning, I had an espresso instead of a regular coffee and maybe I should just do that from now on. Maybe the Borg is sucking me in.

No comments: