4/18/2016

Doing okay today; slept well last night. G and I watched some of Star Wars The Force Awakens last night. He'd fallen asleep during it a couple nights before so he wanted to watch from where he'd fallen asleep. That was a first--Molly continues to watch a movie while G falls asleep. It's 99% the other way all the time. But he'd already seen the movie in the theater so he knew what was going to happen but I did not. I really enjoyed it so was willing to watch it again--but this time I put it on Italian with Italian subtitles. So, I knew what was going on. I understood some Italian but not all of it. I'm still dismayed by my terrible Italian even though I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where I was a year and a half ago.
Today, I had to go to the bank to drop off some paperwork. I was able to accomplish what I was there to do, but there was definitely some miscommunication on both sides. She spoke very fast so I had to guess what she was saying and I probably guessed poorly. Melanie said in those situations she just keeps asking "A posto?" if she thinks everything's done. Then, if it's not, they say one thing and if it is they say Si. Facile!
Took Anna to daycare this morning and told the daycare lady, Monica, that Anna had put away all her toys in the toybox on Saturday without being told or asked. All the while saying "A posto! A posto!" I knew she hadn't learned that downstairs!! I passed on a compliment. When I returned to pick Anna up, however, Monica told me that today Anna did not help clean up at all.
Anna is not a brava bambina. She's not a bambina cattiva, but she is far from brava. She's very independent and I'm probably an overly permissive mother who lets her get away with a lot of stuff. She's well on her way to being a spoiled brat if she's not already there. But, in other ways, she's a great kid: she eats, sleeps, and poops well. Even when she's sick, she's pretty easy. In that sense, she's very easy. Very brava.
At 1:30, I'm skyping with my friend k. I should probably eat something beforehand so I'm not shoving sandwiches in my face as we speak. Although I don't think she minds, much. I was able to get some housework done this morning uninterrupted. As I told m, cleaning the house on the weekend while my husband is home is like shoveling the drive during a snowstorm. Best just to wait until Monday morning.
Yesterday was fine. I don't think we did much. Saturday night, I met s and her family at Kirby Grove for pizza at seven o'clock. I got there too early--even before they'd fired up the pizza ovens. I hate to say I'm getting used to Italy and things only being open 3 hours a day. I can't believe I come from a place where you can get a full dinner at 4:00 in the afternoon if you want. I used to do stuff like that all the time. Why not?!! Maybe I want the Enchilada platter at 4:00 in the afternoon!!!
Yesterday, I went to Auchan after Anna woke up from her nap. It's a mixed bag whether Anna will be a good traveling companion or not. She was okay, but didn't like being in the cart much and kept trying to climb out. I don't know where she thought she was going to go!
Tomorrow I have class and then Wednesday morning m and I are going to this chick Margaret's house. I guess there's just an enormous coffee group who just go around and have coffee all the time. And now I'm on the list. m still isn't on the list but I keep being told I can bring her.
Maybe I won't get to 750 words today.
This afternoon, I don't have any plans yet. Maybe we'll go to the park if it's not raining. Anna and I haven't been there in a long time. Tomorrow morning, I have class in the morning and then who knows what I'll do after class. g comes tomorrow afternoon to clean the apartment.
Wednesday morning it's coffee at Margaret's who is right near the swimming pool where Anna and I are starting lessons this Saturday morning. I should probably make sure the swimming suit still fits her!

No comments: