Smoothing Bedspreads

Feeling good today. Got a lot of great sleep last night. Sprung forward this weekend.

Not much going on in my brain. I had an idea the other day when I was running around the track: resentments are puzzles. Humans like puzzles and games. A resentment is something that goes against the grain and we like to puzzle and puzzle and puzzle with it. We like to work it like a rubik's cube. I like to worry my resentments like a rubik's cube. When I had that idea, it was like a Eureka! This morning, was thinking about a resentment and I stopped myself. "Think about another puzzle." And I did. I have other puzzles I need to think about.

I need to buy a plane ticket and just looked to see what days are the cheapest days to fly: Wednesday, Tuesday and Saturday. I can fly to SF on the 20th of April and be there for my sister's birthday. Then, I can fly out on the Tuesday after Easter (my birthday). Ooooh, how exciting.

Yesterday, I got on the train and headed into the city to meet friend for sushi lunch. She paid for the meal which was unnecessary. But then we walked down to Effi's bakery where I bought us cups of decaf and a couple cookies which we shared. I got the chocolate chip cookie and she got the oatmeal raisin but I think I preferred the oatmeal raisin! How weird. I never thought I liked oatmeal raisin cookies. Well, I like them but I was never really that into them.

She told me I have to get my butt in gear when it comes to the school applications. Okay okay. I'll work on them a little bit today. I'll do four or five and then head over to the post office with them. Shoot them off into the world. I don't really want to. I have to also look into the Norton Symantec renewals and all my subscriptions. I hate wasting money. But I'm so good at it! I also have to work on my taxes. Just get those done.

We caught another mouse this morning. Roommate held the bag and I put it in there--still alive and kicking. And kind of bloody. Well, those are the breaks. If you're going to break into our house and eat our food and excrete all over the place, you're going to have to pay the consequences.

I need to do a little bit of cleaning, too. I need to do a big dusting like I did last month. Man, that was so awesome. I need to call my mother. She called last night but I didn't pick up the phone. She must have been near the phone.

I worry about the future and need to stop that. Things are never as bad as I think they're going to be. I've always been good at "seeing" the future and the future is always black and terrible.

Okay, I have a lot on my plate today. Last night, I spent two hours on hotel pictures. I spent two hours smoothing bed spreads that I hadn't before because it wasn't in the budget. She gave me a budget and I had work within the confines of that. But then she gave me a little more wiggle room.

No comments: