There Are So Many Things that Need Doing in the World

Last night, I wrote in my journal for the first time in months/years. It makes me anxious how little I've changed over the years. It fills me with sadness to know that the rest of my life will be filled with the same concerns I've had for years. Four years ago, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life and I was here in the Bronx. I'm still in the Bronx and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. What am I working toward? I always get sad when I leave the West Coast. I need a back scratch.

I really need to find God. Problem is, he doesn't talk to me. It's like he's some passive ear--maybe I should read more Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. I was reading my Onion lists book and they had a bit on Kurt Vonnegut. It made me tear up. What an amazing man. I'm so glad I wrote him and I'm so glad he wrote me back!! My postcard is one of my most-prized possessions. Good for me it's a postcard.

I will run and finish my book the Tenant of Wildfell Hall. I don't think I ever need to read it again. I don't know how I feel about the characters. I didn't like the main female character but now that I've heard her side of the story, it's all right. Man, there are so many things that need doing in the world.

No comments: